www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Together... Let's light a candle of hope for the cure!

Together... Let's light a candle of hope for the cure!


When I was 6 years old, my Mom told me about breast cancer. That was the age she told me the story of her Mom, and how she passed away from this disease in 1951 (a few years before I was born).

My Grandmother couldn't overcome this disease and twenty years later, my Mom couldn't overcome this disease. However, my Mom often mentioned her care was so much more intensive than her own Mom's. My Mom passed away in 1971 of breast cancer, too.

Here is a favor to ask... could please help us with making this quilt. Please share a little bit of your creativity and make your own square for this digital quilt. Last year's was so gorgeous when it was finished.

Everything helps make it one more step closer to finding the cure! And, this quilt helps as one of those steps!


--------------------------------------------


We're doing it again. Making a Digital Breast Cancer Awareness Quilt! Theme is New Horizons. To be published May 1, 2009. The Quilt is created...just waiting for all 24 squares to be filled!


--------------------------------------------



more later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home